Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cultivate Opportunities for Exercise

Does the very mention of the word exercise make you shrink back like a vampire facing the sunrise? Lifestyles today tend to eliminate even the most minute forms of exercise. We no longer get up to change the channel or level of sound on the television, and don't lift our arms as we move dishes from the sink to the strainer to drain. No, instead we push buttons. Our fingers are in good shape.

Why don't you exercise?

I live in Florida and a few of the common reasons here to avoid exercise are that it's too hot or the mosquitoes are bad. Another familiar one is that, "I'm too tired," or "I'm not motivated," or even the, "I'll start Monday," excuse.

Last week a fried of mine died at age 62 of a massive heart attack. Within the past year I've lost friends to strokes and heart related problems. If they had the opportunity to pass on something they've learned, I bet it would wipe out any of our excuses.

The first step: incorporate exercise into your daily life. Take the stairs, walk when you don't have to drive, park at the outer limits of the parking lot. Don't squash opportunities to exercise. Cultivate them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home