What's That Noise?
I looked down. My stomach was telling me I was hungry. The realization hit me. I couldn't remember the last time my stomach had a chance to tell me it was hungry.
God fashioned my body to tell me when I need nourishment, but I've been feeding emotional hunger pangs while my body pays the price. The natural "hunger alarm" brought a smile to my face as I went to cut fruit for my salad. I'd made it through a holiday weekend without eating to feed my frustration or to relax!



2 Comments:
Hey there,
I know how hard it can be when you're used to emotional eating. I've always had the same problem. I eat when I'm happy, sad, stressed, whatever. Emotions can really do a number on you if you let em.
It's great that you've recognized this about yourself and work toward only eating when you're truly hungry. That's when the food starts to return to the place it was intended to be...a source of nourishment of the body.
You're doin a great job. Keep up the good work.
René
Thanks, Rene`
When you put it like that it makes me think of it as an idol when the importance is out of whack.
Post a Comment
<< Home