Saturday, August 05, 2006

What You Do In Secret

Today I had an opportunity to be home alone. Right now, living together as two blended families with visitors doesn't leave much alone time. It's good, I'm not complaining one bit. In fact, it is good for me. My daughter and I are counting calories together, and we help to keep each other honest. However, here I sit with no one to see what I really do. I could slip into the kitchen...just kidding.

The truth is that our behavior should reflect the Lord Jesus Christ whether we are "alone" or not, because we are never alone. I am more thankful than words can say that even in this time when my flesh might think to sneak in and get a snack, that I don't really want one. Instead, I'd rather continue eating moderately. I'm not forbidding myself any food, just limiting the amount of calories to 1,000-1,200. With that said, I don't need a snack. I just ate a sandwich for lunch.

Donna Sundblad
Author of Pumping Your Muse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home