Monday, October 09, 2006

Tucking My Shirt In and Other Good News

For those who know me well, you know my love for Science Fiction, Fantasy, Twilight Zonish stories and the like. With that said, I have to tell you I'm thrilled that my short story "Caleb Sees the Light" has been accepted. Here's the best part. Not only does the story have a science fiction element, but it is written from a Christian perspective!

The title of the anthology is Light at the Edge of Darkness. I've read all the stories in this collection, and I'm honored to be among them. I'm not sure when the book will be out, but you can take a look at the cover at The Writer's Cafe Press AND get a lesson about Christian Speculative Fiction.

Who would think such a thing could stir up controversy? I would. When my husband played with a Contemporary Christian music group, I met people who thought he was part of playing the devil's music. You see he's a drummer. It just seems odd to me that people focus on vehicles and tools as good or evil when it is the way people use them that will fall into either of those categories.

It reminds me of the way dieters look at food. Good or evil. In fact, since I've learned to apply God's word, the lesson of moderation has reminded me that food itself is not good or evil--it is the motivation of the eater that falls into one category or the other.

The freedom I have found in not dieting, while learning moderation is celebrated today. Not in eating something special (because the food is not the special thing--it's the event). Here it is...you ready? I actually tucked my shirt in today!

As you know, I'm not weighing until the first of the month, but I can tell I've lost more weight. I can't thank God enough for bringing me to this understanding and new lifestyle. I've called diets a lifestyle before, but when they were done--they weren't my lifestyle. I guess that would be a good topic for tomorrow.

Pumping Your Muse and
Windwalker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home