Friday, June 30, 2006

The Move and New Starts

Every muscle of my body aches. Moving is for the young, and each day I realize a little more how much age changes a person. It doesn't help to have an extra 30 pounds to lug around and my feet have reminded me regularly that it's time to make a change.

When it comes to losing weight, it's so easy to put it off until tomorrow or better yet next Monday. As long as we were moving, I decided to put it off until after the move because let's face it--moving is stressful and you end up eating out more as the kitchen gets packed away. Don't those excuses sound good? They worked for me. But, that's just it. They are excuses, and in reality are poor reasons for why I'm at the top weight of my life.

If I stopped and listed my excuses next to the health risks I choose to increase by my poor behavior, or maybe allowed my picture to be taken without trying to hide behind another person, I'd see the reality. Each day that slips by without changing my eating or being accountable for what passes these lips and adheres to my hips is really another day of living in rebellion.

Donna Sundblad
Author of Pumping Your Muse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home