Today, I awoke with a plan to fast and pray throughout the day. Part of me feared even considering the idea of denying myself food. I started out praying before I left the house for work. As the day progressed, I realized a new found freedom when my mind is not set on what to eat. Yes, my stomach rumbled a bit, but I didn't get weak or experience a headache. Instead of physical food at lunch, I spent time in God's word. I couldn't help but think that it is the bread of life.
Keeping my eyes on things above not only brought a sense of peace, but help me to see how much I don't do it when it comes to my appetite.
1 Comments:
Hi Aggie,
I've taken a step back from it all and figured it's time to fast and pray. At this point, it's not something I plan to talk about a whole lot, because it's easy for pride to get a foothold.
As life lessons emerge and the time is right, I'll pass them on.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home