Saturday, August 26, 2006

Getting Beyond the Guilt

Yesterday, we had out-of-state guests for the day. I decided it would be one of those days that I wouldn't count calories, yet still walked 3 miles in the morning. Why did I choose not to count? Because I don't want eating, not eating or calorie counts to be the focus of my time with other people. In an effort to avoid leagalism, I seek to find a true lifestyle change that works. Regular exercise and a routine counting of calories to remain accountable. This way, I don't eat too little or too much.

With that said, why is it that I awoke today feeling guilty? I didn't overeat by much, judging by the mental tabulation, still exercised and went back to counting and walked again this morning. Why? Because in my mind, I've failed because I didn't count. The very kind of thinking I'm trying to escape. As the day went on, I saw it for what it was. Legalism's attempt to throw me into a downward spiral. Hah, it didn't work. As I sit here at the end of the day, I've stayed within my calorie limits and walked three miles today. And it's okay. It's consistency.

Donna Sundblad
Author of Pumping Your Muse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home