Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Master Cleanse Diet (Lemonade Diet) Day Three

Day 3 – Tuesday 12, 2008
Weight 135.6
Exercise: Walked 30 minutes

I experience a headache during the night again, but have attributed that to the fact that I may need to go to the chiropractor and have my neck adjusted. I climbed out of bed less than enthusiastically today. Not dragging, but not motivated to drink my salt water flush. Weighed in and have lost another pound. It surprised me that each day so far my weight has ended in .6 which makes calculating so easy. And while I'm not doing this only to lose weight sensibly but to detox, I'm so happy to see the scale's lower numbers.

This morning I actually had a bowel movement before I even drank the salt water flush. I guess that dieter's tea before bed is doing its thing. After I drank the salt water flush I remembered it's not as bad as I think it will be. In my life, more than half of the fight to eat right and exercise is a mental challenge. In fact, I think I'm cursed with Eve's disease. My eyes see it, I think it looks good to eat and I want it. Guess that's called temptation. This detox cleanse is opening my eyes to more than one thing. Not all of it is new to me, but learning to eat to really feed and nourish my body is a lifelong quest. It's so easy to get caught up in our cultural overeating frenzy.

Yesterday and today it took less than an hour for the salt water flush sent me hurrying to the bathroom. I'm taking that as a sign that my system is working more efficiently than the first day when it took about an hour and 20 minutes. I drank the salt water flush at 7:14 and had 7 bowel movements by 10:00. Up until today I had only had 3 for the entire day. Seems to me that my plumbing is getting cleaned out.

As the day wore on I faced my first temptation to eat food—not because I was hungry but because potato chips sounded good. I know it's a stress thing. I have a big project I'm working on and I take comfort in munching on "forbidden" foods to help me cope. When you put it like that, it sure sounds pathetic. Instead, I made a cup of herbal mint tea which is allowed on this diet and the craving, if you want to call it that subsided. When I talked with my daughter in the afternoon, she said that day three is the hardest day and that tomorrow will be easier. We shall see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home