Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An Extra 100 Calories An Extra 10 Pounds!

My loyal readers have noticed my sporadic blogging. You guessed it. I'm walking about in a rebellious funk. It doesn't matter if it's hormonally inspired, spiritual rebellion, or some other reason. The results are the same. I stopped counting calories and my waistband tells me so.

I've been praying to get back on track--I even start most days with great intentions that usually carried me to lunch or even passed lunch, but the evenings seem to plague me with yearnings for snacks. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a snack. But if you want to lose weight how much you eat makes a difference.

This morning on NBS's Today Show a guest talked about changes that happen for women in their 40's. When asked about why it is harder to lose weight, the expert said that hormones change and an extra 100 calories a day not exercised off can translate into an extra 10 pounds in a month! In a MONTH!

So as much as we don't want to count--it's a way to be aware of our caloric intake. It makes a difference. My waistband tells me so.

Donna
Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home