
For years I've had writers ask me how I do all that I do. As a result, I started a group to help other writers. I have facilitated this goals-oriented group for years. We show up each New Year with our annual goals, post monthly goals at the start of each month and weekly goals each Monday. Why do I mention this?
I became a successful writer because I learned how to break tasks into little pieces and reach a target--the goal. That's how I need to approach losing weight. While I'd like to lose 25 pounds in January, I've made a goal of 4 pounds. I'm also making an appointment to exercise, so that when the time comes...it's time to
exercise. Otherwise it is so easy to stay busy. I have plenty to do.
One other thing that helps with the writer's group is the accountability. We all know what is expected, and we also know we aren't perfect. Goals are flexible, but offer a target to aim for. One small failure doesn't have to send us into a tailspin. To help see things through, if we break things into smaller steps, they seem more manageable.
Feel free to join in with comments. Set your goals for the first 21 days of this month. Then Feb. 1 we'll start again. For now, January 1 is behind us. Together we can get in shape! Let's do it!
Labels: exercise, goals
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home