Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 17: February 21 Day Challenge


Can you believe it is already the 17th of February? Even though I've been absent from my blog, I've stayed true to my challenge goals. Now that I'm walking an hour a day...well I don't have as much time to hang out a blog.

On my walk Monday, I saw a phone man working on one of those green phone equipment boxes on the next street over. It was about 30 degrees, and I felt kind of sorry for him. On my second lap as I walked by him we did that polite neighborly wave. On my third time he was in his truck.

The following day partly cloudy skies gave me some sun but the crisp breeze made things feel colder. The telephone man was back, just a little further up the street. On my third mile yesterday he commented, "You're really determined to be out here in the cold."

"You're right," I said. "It's not so bad. It's easy to always have an excuse why you can't do it. I'm not doing that anymore."

He agreed, and I walked back to the house thinking about how my mindset has changed. I don't always feel like walking, but it is now part of my day. It's a habit. The 21 Day Challenge really works!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Stewart said...

I think you should be my new inspiration! I've been meaning to put a walk in my daily schedule for over a month now, but things keep getting in the way...

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home