
Hard to believe we are already on day 19 of January's 21 Day Challenge. Life has been full of things to do including birthdays to celebrate. I still have two to go. Those kinds of special occasions used to derail my weight loss plans every January. I'd make an "exception" and before I knew it the exception became my way of life. So far, that's not the case this January. My 21 Day Challenge goals are really making a difference.
I'm following the
No S Diet which basically means no sweets, no seconds, no snacks except on days that start with S. That includes "special days" like birthdays. The flexibility of this diet has really worked for me, plus I've been walking an hour a day 3-5 days a week. The thing that I've noticed is that I'm learning to know when I'm hungry and it is time to eat. With the no snacks rule, I wait to eat until my stomach tells me it is time. Even on the weekend when I can snack, I'm paying more attention to my hunger. Hopefully this is a habit that will carry me through the days off between this challenge and the February challenge!
The weight is coming off slowly and I'm hitting my target goal. I can eat what I want for my meals, just no seconds. I'm trying to include healthy choices that actually feed my body which helps me stay satisfied longer. All in all, this 21 Day Challenge has made a difference on a number of levels! I hope you can say the same.
Labels: diet, lose weight, No S Diet
4 Comments:
Hey Donna,
Glad to hear youre doing so well on the challenge. Im doing great also, now that I have added weight training to my routine I have really noticed some changes I think I was plateauing a little bit but lifting has really sent me back on my way. My body is sore from the weightlifting but thats good. Things are going well I am going to weigh myself on Friday I havent weighed myself in a month so I will see how far Ive come. Keep up the great work and cheer for my Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
Take Care,
Miles
Hey Miles,
Good to hear you're continuing forward. I've been faithful with my eating and with my exercise. Tomorrow I'll way since it is the the 21st. I'll report in then.
Oh, and I will be rooting for the Vikings. :)
Donna
I weighed myself on Friday and I am down to 215 pounds, so I have lost 215 pounds I am so thrilled I am really motivated now. Hope your weigh in went well.
Talk to you soon,
Miles
Hi Miles,
Congratulations! That is a HUGE milestone. My weigh in went well. I'm off to blog about it. :)
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home