Stress and More Stress
My book Pumping Your Muse is in the final stages of formatting before it goes to print. Little did I realize the extra responsibilities it would heap on my plate. Speaking of plate...
My day job adds a helping of stress too. Here the attack is two-pronged. Not only is the job itself stressful, but my co-workers tend to graze their way through the day and are happy to share their delacacies. Sugar and fat-laden foods call to be from across the room. Stress!
I attended a Home Church Conference this past weekend. Travel and eating away from home could be stressful, but it wasn't. God doled out an extra measure of grace and peace. I didn't long for things I shouldn't eat and I even walked a couple of miles Sat. morning. Tall oaks with branches dripping with Spanish Moss filled the grounds located on a lake. Cool mornings, sunshine throughout the day, fellowship with believers from all over the world...it brought peace and joy. The difference is that my mind was not on things of this world.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home