Monday, April 17, 2006

Discipline and Rebellion

Today I weighed in. Hmph, still hanging at that same weight.

I've talked with a couple of people about it lately. The struggle, disappointment and continued effort. What they said, I didn't want to hear. The dreaded words, "Count calories!"

I hate counting calories--all that measuring, tracking, and planning. Why do I dislike it? I thought about it. It's a form of accountability, but taking part in the 21-day challenge is too. That's not it. The real issue is that I don't want to deny myself. I want to eat as much as I want, when I want. Counting calories crimps my way. Ahhhh, therein lies the problem. MY ways.

"Every man's way is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the hearts" (Prov. 21:2)

He knew even before I'd admit it, that my heart was not right. Today, I'm adding calorie counting to my goals. My goal is to stay between 1,000-1,200 calories per day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home