Sunday, August 27, 2006

My, My, My Mind

God continues to renew my thinking. Last night my husband decided we'd make a trip to Dairy Queen. I went on line and checked calorie content. I had enough calories for a medium vanilla cone or a medium strawberry sundae. I chose the latter.

This morning as I walked, my brain told me I'd plateaued. I'll never lose this weight and other such discouraging rubbish. I haven't been weighing, because I've decided it's not always good to know what I weigh. Water weight can make me fluctuate and thus discourage me. It's not really as much about what I weight as it is about doing the right thing. Weighing is just a tool to know where I am in the journey. The last time I weighed, I'd lost 12 lbs. I need to continue going that direction, and it will be slow going.

It's sad what my mind does to me sometimes. Eating that sundae in the past would have thrown me into a tail spin if I let it. Instead, this time around, I looked at my calories from yesterday and confirmed that I was 50 calories under my limit. I've walked 3 miles again this morning and have started a new list of calories taken in. My mind tried to play a trick, but God renewed my thinking.

Donna Sundblad
Author of Pumping Your Muse

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home