Saturday, March 01, 2008

Daily Bread

Here we are at the start of a new month. Each month I set new writing goals and my weight loss and health goals seem to take a back seat. This morning before I climbed out of bed I thought about the Lord's prayer and how it says, "Give us this day our daily bread." It got me thinking about how often I eat more than I should daily and how I cave to food cravings because I don't plan well. I sit down and get started with my writing and then when hunger hits I don't want to take the time so I grab what is quick and easy--and foolish most times.

So as I start a new month I'm going back to my old standard--count calories. As mush as I don't like to count calories, it forces me to plan and that is what I really need. I'm only 5' 1" so I don't need as many calories as those who are taller than me. My goal is to eat between 1,000-1,200 calories each day for the month of March. I actually stepped on the scale and am thankful I didn't gain all the weight back that I lost when I did the Master Cleanse. I'm now at 136.6.

It would be easy to put it off until Monday, but I'm not. And it would be easy to put it off because there's two birthdays to celebrate this month, but I'm not. There's no sense putting it off. This is a new day and a new month and there's no better time to get back to making healthy choices.

Today's Weight: 136.6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home