Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stress--an Excuse

I sit here wondering where to start. My eating the last two days has been less than stellar and it's not what I want. It's a short month and I have some pressing deadlines--and stress. I drank my lemon water yesterday morning, followed by carrot juice got into work and...well I grazed on junkie food rather than taking the time to make healthy choices.

Stress is part of everyone's life. Some seasons in life dish it out in heavy doses, but what I need to remind myself is that stress is not an excuse to eat what I want because it's easier, comforting or any other reason. How to do this? Have a plan. Weight loss plans like Jenny Craig work because people know what's on the menu. So today, I have a plan. Even though we are going out for dinner tonight with three other families.

Today's plan--lemon water, carrot juice, green smoothies, and out to dinner where I plan to eat veggie fajitas. And hopefully, I'll fit 30 minutes of walking in there too. My stress is no less today than it has been the last two days, but I already feel better because I have a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home