Yesterday was grocery shopping day. But of course it was pouring rain in the morning so I didn't get out until almost 11:00. I shop along with my daughter and her kids, so we hit the library and other errands and then the grocery store. By the time I hit the deli, the savory aromas wafting in the air set my stomach to growling. I had eaten before I left, but those spicy chicken wings were looking pretty good. Did you know one chicken wing with skin and bone
removed is around 43 calories each? Anyhow, I walked away from that smell with the lunch meat for my husband's lunches for the week and actually forgot about them. That's real progress for me. Instead of focusing on what I'm not eating, I looked forward to the fruit smoothie I had planned when I got home. I've found if I add a frozen banana (about 26 calories per oz), and frozen pineapple (about 78 calories for a cup), with about a cup of pure water and a dash of cinnamon it's very yummy. If I have the calories, I add chopped almonds as a garnish.
The long story, I made it home without buying a candy bar, or opening the chips (also for my husband's lunches), and actually stayed within my calories. I didn't have time to exercise--well I probably could have found time--but didn't. And this morning my weight was up. But guess what. It's not about what I weigh, it's about staying true to your
diet plan. That's the only part I have control over. Let's face it, if I had control over that scale I'd have hit my magic number a long time ago.
Today's Weight: 134.6
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home