Thursday, March 20, 2008

Purpose of Food

This morning I received a call from my granddaughter thrilled that the dentist removed her braces today. I had hoped they'd be off in time for her birthday. But guess what was more exciting than getting the braces off? The candy she could eat. In fact they usually eat extremely healthy but this morning they were feasting on all kinds of unhealthy stuff because it was a time of celebration. My grandson even called it an award. And so I realize that we have passed on the mindset that food is a reward or something to over indulge in when something good happens. It's hard not to do that, and every once in awhile it's okay. Unfortunately, it's more often than not.

I thought about it, and I'm not out to change the world. But I'm wondering how to change my own mindset while in the midst of things like this. I already battle my own demons when stress enters the picture. I've determined that's probably the biggest hurdle I have.

With that said, let me tell you that I stayed within my calories yesterday. And to celebrate--I'm going to exercise today. Now see...that just doesn't sound the same as having a candy bar. But I'm working on it.

Today's Weight: 132.6

To listen to this post, click the link below:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home