Dieting and Fluctuating Weight
I didn't mention this yesterday, but I stepped on the scale. To my horror I weighed more than when I started cutting the potatoes, breads, pasta and sugar last Saturday. Of course, I logically reminded myself that water replaces fat when you first burn it and water weighs more than fat, blah, blah, blah. But the numbers on the scale hit hard. That's why it's not good to step on the scale too often.
To top it off, my freelance load is heavy right now and its not all fun. These are the kinds of days that inspire me to graze on foods like chips, cookies and ,well ,not good stuff. However, I didn't do that yesterday! That's a real victory for me. I stayed the course with my food choices. On the downside, I didn't exercise. My goal is 5 days a week, and I've already exercised two so it's okay; today I'm ready to get back at it.
This morning I stepped on the scale again. (Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment). To my relief, I'm down almost three pounds from Saturday. Not that I expect to lose like that every week, but on the front end of the effort it does give me a boost. The lesson we can all take away from this is that the scale shouldn't dictate how we feel about ourselves or how we look. It's just a tool.
Keep eating healthy and remember to get up and move around.
Today's Verse:
And the Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground--trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Gen. 2:0)The reason I included this verse is that the Lord reminded me that the best snacks are fruits and veggies!



2 Comments:
Hi Donna
Whoopi! three pounds, good job.
I wrote a nice long comment, but for some reason it wouldn't go through. This happens quite a bit for some reason. Probably something simple like logging in with Google first?
I've finally learned to use my scale as a tool. I weigh in every morning before my shower. If it's up, I think about what I ate the day before and take note of how it affected me. If it's down, it gives my day a little boost. I guess I need the daily reality check.
Thanks for your yummy looking Veggie Soup recipe. I love to cook and I also make soup for lunch using Low fat/salt chicken broth and throwing in whatever veggies are available that day. Since I need protein with my meals to keep my blood sugar steady, I add a little leftover chopped meat or diced tofu. To save time I nuke it and it's done in minutes.
When stress sets in, it's hard to eat clean and well. You are doing a great job!
Hi Roberta,
I actually sprinkle some cheese on top of the soup when I want to boost the protein, and I do use the low-fat chicken broth. Probably should have made that clear. :)
Thanks for stopping by. It's always a pleasure to see you here.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home