Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday Musings


Here it is Monday again. I don't know about you, but my routine goes out the window on weekends. With that said, I have to tell you I did get a little exercise in. Not much, as it rained most of Saturday which is great for the garden. We purchased some marigolds to add to my vegetable patch as I'm told this helps keep pests off the tomatoes. We shall see.

This afternoon I have time outdoors scheduled as my two grandchildren come for the afternoon. They planted beans two weeks ago which have sprouted to about 4 inches tall already. It's so much fun to watch the kids check the plants out, naming them all, and noting their growth. Today, we'll plant the marigolds...though I still have to figure out how I'm adding them to the mix.

I've got a heavy writing load this week, and on Mondays I tend to feel a little overwhelmed, but I've already completed my first 5-minute session targeting hips and thighs. I'm off to a good start this Monday, and I hope you are too.

Eat well and get up and move.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Good Day
I love how you are including your grandkids in gardening. I use to do that with my children including foster kids.

One day I was teaching a boy how to weed. Starting with the basics, I showed him the difference three times saying, "This is a bean plant." Then I'd point and say, "this is a weed. Got it?" The little guy nodded so I said, "pull out the weed." He promptly pulled out the bean plant!

Another time my friend told me her young children absolutely refused to eat any kind of veggie, cooked or raw. So I took them out to my garden and showed them my broccoli plants. I picked a small clump off the plant and ate it. The kids asked me what it was. I told them it was a yummy veggie candy. They all had to try it and loved it! They are all 30 somethings now and still love fresh broccoli.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

That's funny. I can just see that child pulling out the bean plant. :)

I have all kinds of memories of gardens and the people attached to them. Very special stuff, and I love passing it to another generation.

Donna

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home