Burn More Calories
Yesterday I fit in six of my 5-minute exercise sessions. They really zero in on my "trouble area" and I've made it past the place where I'm so sore that I don't want to do them. Plus I walked for 30 minutes. I figure if I can't make myself eat less, I have to exercise more. What a concept. The key is to burn more calories than I eat.
Today is grocery shopping day for me, and part of the battle of the bulge is making wise choices on the front end of the upcoming week. The healthier choices I make at the store, the easier it will be to eat healthy during the week. Sounds easy enough, but when you have a family it can be a bit more complicated. However, it's best not to dwell on that. If I feel deprived because my husband can eat chips with his lunch everyday and not gain a pound, the next thing you know I'm eating some of those chips. It's a form of envy! And if I'm not careful it can blow up into gluttony.
Instead, I'm going to try a new snack recipe. Try to find things worth thinking about AND eating. So I'm off to shuffle through recipes to find this week's tasty treat.



2 Comments:
That's the secret for sure, once you get enough "activity" into your life you won't need to keep counting calories.
I've also found that chewing my food properly and taking my time when I eat, helps massively.
Keep up the "activity" and the food watch and the regime will become a new habit.
Well done Donna, I like the way you're beginning to look at things now, it's all good!
Thanks RS,
I think part of the problem with counting calories is that it makes me focus too much on food. I don't want to use my thinking time like that--it only leads to eating. Like a catch 22.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home