Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dieting in Circles


Do you ever feel like you're going in circles when it comes to weight loss? I do. The answer is break the bad habit cycles and stick with the good habit cycles. I know, I know...easier said than done. What prompts me to write this?

The other morning I laid in bed praying and thought about how I'd left God out of the health part of my life again. For me, when I start to do well with His help, I tend to think I can take over and do it without him and the next thing you know I'm back to fat and sassy. Well fat anyway. So I asked for his help. Again.

My thoughts returned to the Prisim Diet. I not only lost weight fairly quickly following this plan, but it used God's word to help me do it. I decided I'd follow the phase one guidelines again...kind of but I won't be counting calories. What this means for me is that I won't be eating potatoes, pasta, sugar or bread for the next 30 days...and of course no fried food. Plus I'll be sure to drink my water and exercise at least 5 days a week. AND I'll be sure to turn to the Lord for my strength.

Just to show you how neat God can work things out, the same day I prayed about this (Friday), my daughter and I had many errands to run. I didn't plan to tell her about starting again. Instead it was just between me and the Lord. However, the Lord opened the opportunity and I learned my daughter is doing the same thing! So I have a buddy nearby and I didn't have to talk anyone into anything. Amazing!

Yesterday was my first day, and we ended up going to the Chinese restaurant buffet. I had fun. Plenty of good food to choose from, and I praise God that the desserts didn't even tempt me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vernie said...

How encouraging to read this Post.
Another motivator with God in the center.

I had written a dear friend a couple of weeks ago and shared that AFTER the 21 day Liver Detox, having already excluded my weakness foods, the Prism Diet was the one I was considering doing again. That will be the 28th of this month.

The diet topic always comes up in conversation as it did while attending another family gathering on Sat. Two family members (women) have lost considerable amounts of weight. The automatic question. What diet are you on??? None! Changed eating habits. Discipline.

Unfortunately I wasn't one of the two, but did appreciate the compliment "your skin is glowing & looking healthier". The reason for the Detox. Even so I do have more energy and clothes fit better. The maintenance is my challenge.

Looking forward to hearing of your results.

Vernie

11:51 AM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Losing the weight is hard, but I think maintenance is even harder. That's why people gain their weight back and more. And that's why diet isn't the whole answer to better health. Getting to the motivation of eating and exercising wisdom in our choices makes a big difference. God is the only one that shines the true light on motivation, and the real source of wisdom.

Donna

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home