Are You Tired? Drink Your Water
The pitter-patter of rain and subdued early morning light lulls me into that place where I'd like to climb back between the covers and sleep. Of course, I won't do that. Before I get busy, I thought I'd check in with all of you to say that I'm still doing well with eating and exercise, and I thank God for that.My garden is bursting with life and it looks like I'll be harvesting my first yellow squash within the week. Amazing, isn't it? This rain is perfect. So different than the drought we experienced last year. I can't help but think of how water or the lack of it affects our bodies in the same way. Yes, my garden produced last year, but the yield was not what it could have been with adequate rain.
Our bodies are made up of about 60-70 percent water, which is the principal chemical element. Water flushes toxins from our vital organs and works as the conduit that carries nutrients to our cells. In fact, every one of our body's systems depend on water, and if you don't drink enough, mild dehydration can actually make you tired. So while you can still function, you're like my garden during the drought. You body yields energy, but not optimally. Your tired. So drink up! Stay healthy.
Today's Verse:
The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (2 Timothy 4:18)



2 Comments:
Hi Donna
Your last year's storm must have wandered over to California and taken up residence. Hot dry winds have literally seared some of the leaves on our poor plants. Tomatoes remain stoic and even thrive on heat waves. The only plants that seem untouched are my herbs, probably because they are in pots and sheltered more. The cilantro is growing so fast that it's trying to go to seed already and I have to give it haircuts to make it stay in line.
Thanks for the reminder on drinking water. In this hot climate it's essential. A lot of elderly people are in a constant state of dehydration, including my 87 year old dad who has dementia. Hmmm...I wonder if chronic dehydration has anything to do with his mental deterioration.
Hospice hands out a study on the benefits of dehydration for the dying. According to them, it acts as a natural pain reliever. I wonder if it works by shutting down brain function.
Anyway, glad to see you sticking to your health goals.
Hi Roberta,
My tomatoes and peppers did the best last year. The broccoli went to seed before it was even harvested, the beans didn't make it and the lettuce went to seed. It was just hot and dry...like we had a week or two of spring and then the dead heat of summer.
Interesting observations and info on dehydration. Many older people tell me they just can't make themselves drink water. Interesting.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home