Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend Dieting


Diets tend to wash to the wayside when it comes to a long holiday weekend? Why? Because so much of our culture's entertainment and socialization is centered around food. I'm hoping to stay the course this weekend. We do have tentative plans to go out for sushi one day, but that is within my diet goals and guidelines. Planning to make an exception to your diet in the early stages usually proves to be disastrous as most people make the exception and don't return to their diet the following meal. Yes, I said meal--not day. When I feed my cravings for a whole day, the following day I not only feel like a failure, but I want to feed that emotional negativity with food. You know comfort food. And thus begins the downward spiral.

For me, I plan not to go that direction. PLAN is the key word. As you head into the holiday weekend plan ahead. Have healthy snacks on hand that you like. If chips are a weakness, don't have them in the house. If you're going to a party, bring your own alternative snack tray with you. With a plan in place, you'll know what to do when temptation strikes because you'll have a way of escape.

Today's Verse:
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to {its} lusts. (Rom. 13:14)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home