Stick to Your Diet and the Calories Won't Stick to Your Thighs
We got together for dinner and like every Sunday, everyone brought a dish. Ahh yes, the food thing. Well I'm happy to report, I've made it through another weekend and haven't eaten any potatoes, pasta, bread or sugar. For my dish, I made a Mexican Casserole that uses corn tortillas instead of noodles. There are plenty of things to eat, and I think that's one of the reasons this isn't so hard once I broke through the mental barriers. I can eat whenever I'm hungry--just not those items. I'm not saying desserts don't cross my mind, but I have plenty of options to help me side-step the inkling to eat things I ought not to. It's like I see the glass half full rather than half empty. It helps.
The thing that surprises me most is that my cravings for these items is gone. Especially since the stress level in meeting a deadline is high. This is usually the time I eat chips and cookies throughout the day! I thank God for the fresh nectarines--a delicious alternative. Regular exercise plays a role too. In the next two or three days it will feel like I'm on vacation when I get a big project finished and turned in. Can't wait. Let's see how will I celebrate? Guess it won't be eating something sweet and gooey.
In the meantime, I weighed today. I'm up about a pound and a half from last weigh in, but I kind of expected that. I've still lost a little more than five pounds in two weeks which is more realistic. I can notice a difference around my mid-section, which feels great. It helps motivate me to keep going. The key is to just keep on keeping on.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home