Thursday, March 09, 2006

Week 2 - Day 2 - Beyond the Feelings

It's easy to get discouraged when trying to lose weight. When I first started this challenge, excitement propelled me through the day feeling lighter (I wasn't, but I felt it). The knowledge that I was taking steps in the right direction felt good.

As the week moved on, I'd catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and the reality of this extra poundage made me feel fat. My bubble of enthusiasm burst and the image in the mirror discouraged me.

The key is not to let feelings dictate our behavior. Keep focused on your goals. It's the right thing to do, no matter how you feel. If you've let your goals slip, today is the day to start. Don't let feelings of failure drag you in the wrong direction. It's a consuming cycle. For me, it's what got me into this mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home