Saturday, March 04, 2006

Day Four - Stretch, Tone and Groan

Yesterday I did my toning, stretching exercises for the first day of this challenge. I've commited to five times a week, so as I counted on my fingers I realized that I'd procrastinated long enough. I had to do them, or I wouldn't make my goal.

I'd received the book containing these exercises back in 1970 when my daughter was born. They only take 12 minutes, and you gradually work up the different levels with the key being that you always complete the exercises in 12 minutes, if you don't, you can't move up. It took me four. It is level one after all. Three touch your toes...and so on.

I've done these exercises off and on for years. I know they work and don't take a lot of time. So why is it that I stop? The very thing I know I should do, I do not do it. Sound familiar?

At least we're heading back in the right direction.

Be sure to check in on the comments of all those joining the challenge. Encourage one another. I know there's more of you out there. Let's hear from you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hey aggie,

Life does throw us a few curves, and that's why it helps to have goals. I started out the day with plans to go interview a woman (freelance job), and when I called learned the 88 year old lives in a gated community that is holding a yard sale to drum up money for building a new enterance.

So, I've flip-flopped my schedule and went into work so I can have Monday off to go do the interview.

Where does that leave exercise? Well, the stretching and toning IS DONE! I've met my walking goals for the week because I set them realistically.

However, if time permits, I'd still like to walk later in the day. We'll see how it all works out.

Birdie

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home