Monday, March 06, 2006

Day Six - First Weekend Under the Belt

Here it is, Monday. We've made it through our first weekend. Hurray! I weighted in this morning (Fridays and Mondays) and I didn't lose, but I didn't gain. For me, that's good news for a Monday.

I had that little slip up Saturday, but did fine yesterday. I'm actually following through on my toning and stretching exercises, as set in my goals. I can't figure out why I don't want to do them. Level one is easy and doesn't take me more than 3 or 4 minutes.

It's my mindset. I know that the levels get harder, and I don't want to go there. Instead of dreading the future, I need to take one day at a time. Matthew reminds me not to worry about tomorrow because today has enough trouble of its own. If my thinking wanders to far away from the present, I risk entering discouraging territory. What do I mean?

Looking back, I could get depressed at how I'd lost all that weight and now gained it back plus some.

Looking forward too far, I might think I'll repeat that same behavior.

Staying focused on my current goals--that helps me through the day. Here's a verse to encourage you this week.

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things (Phil. 4:8).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all...
I have made it through 2 days... I worked 14 hrs. today and all I wanted to do was come home and eat something. Anything, really. I am off tomorrow as I will be taking Mom for Dr. appointments. I take care of an aging Parent and it is much tougher than I ever imagined. The role reversal has been a major challenge and I have let it control a huge part of my life. Relationships with friends, from putting them on hold, to not starting any at all. Guilt is a great meal in itself. I have tried not to let it affect my time with my Grand-daughters, but it has touched that too. It is not Mom's expectations of me, but mine of me. I am working on that. Before, eating was my answer.

Romans 8:18 " For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

Following our Lord is nothing compared to what He has done for us and I think the more thankful I am that he has given me this challenge along with all of you to help, is more than I hoped for and has come at just the right time. Funny, how He knows what we need. Hang in there, time is so different from His perspective, He had plenty for us all.

Hey, Michelle, consider yourself nagged... how are you doing?
Nancy

8:47 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

What a perfect verse to read at the beginning of the day! Thanks, I needed that.

Birdie

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home