Week 2 - Day 3 - The Badge
I headed down the hall to the scale. My ankles and feet told me I had gained. I stood before the scale in the dark and took the step. The digital little zero zoomed across the display. Boom, reality. The three numbers that can make or break me lit up the room. The same. I'm the same as Monday...the same as last Friday.
This fat I carry is like wearing a badge for past poor choices. I want it to go away. The fact is, that I didn't gain this weight in a short amount of time and I won't lose it fast either. I'm okay. I feel okay about it, which is a change for me. I was once a scale addict and allowed it to dictate what I could or couldn't eat. Today, it didn't tell me anything other than my weight.



1 Comments:
Pictures, reflections in the mirror, the scale--they show us the truth. Glad to hear you're staying on task. Be praying for me. I'm struggling.
Birdie
Post a Comment
<< Home