Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Week 3 - Day 7 - Keep Your Eyes on Things Above

As I talked over my upcoming goals with the Lord this morning, he reminded me to keep my eyes on things above. I thought about the vicious circle I’ve been wandering while picking up an extra 30 pounds. Do any of these sound familiar?

  • I’ve been good; I deserve this treat.
  • I’m stressed and need comfort food
  • It’s a special occasion, it won’t hurt for me to eat this, and this and this.
  • I’m depressed, and don’t really care if I should eat this or not. I’m eating it.
  • This one time one hurt.
  • I’m too tired to make a healthy choice, it’s so much easier to just eat what’s quick.

    I could go on or be more specific, but it’s not necessary. Here’s what the Lord reminded me of this morning. “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth” (Col 3:2). With that in mind, consider your excuses for not eating or exercising.

    As we head into a new 21 day challenge, keep your eyes on things above as you consider your goals.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home