Saturday, December 02, 2006

Disappointment Does Not Need to Be Fed

Yesterday I learned that an article I had written didn't make the paper. Those kinds of things can bum me out. Freelance writing for a living is fraught with ups and downs. Last year at this time, I allowed these ups and downs to push me into a feeding frenzy to meet emotional needs.

Now that I have set a calorie span to help me SEE moderation as something I can measure to a point, these moods don't hold much sway over me--although they try. Just like the stress of moving, health problems in the family, difficult financial situations--no matter what is making me stress--eating is not the answer.

Instead, as a freelance writer it's time for me to write. Isn't that a much healthier choice?

Donna Sundblad, author of Pumping Your Muse and
Windwalker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home