Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Food Reward


The garden is in and looks sooo good. They always do with freshly tilled rows. Then the weeds start. It reminds me of dieting. I start off with fresh hopes and goals and then the weeds set it. You know, weeds like stress, emotional cravings, special occasions and such things. And this week is stressful with a deadline looming. The project I'm working on has to be in by next Monday which makes me feel like I don't even have time to be here telling you about it. But I wanted to take the time to tell you, that making careful choices at the grocery store last week has helped. Plus, I've made a rule for myself. I am only eating half of what I want. When I'm hungry again, I can eat more. I kind of grazed through the day yesterday and even allowed myself two banana gogi smoothies. They are such a treat.

Another plus is that I still walked for 30 minutes yesterday, plus I worked in the garden for almost three hours. All that bending and stretching is great for me, not to mention fresh air and time with the grandchildren. Teaching them how to plant the vegetables is so rewarding. They can't wait to be able to enjoy the fruit of their labor. I can relate.

The only thing left to plant are the strawberries, which I've decided to put in pots. I hope to do that this afternoon when I take a break--kind of like a reward. Wow! A reward that's not food but is food. That's pretty cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home