Monday, April 14, 2008

Diet and One More Time

Boy am I glad I held off putting the garden plants in the ground yesterday. We have freeze warnings tonight and tomorrow night! I've gone out and covered the flowers. If the wind stays mild all should be well. My Begonias and Snapdragons are hearty--but why put them to the test?

I spent the first half of the day writing and the afternoon with grandchildren--teaching recorder and then out doors to deal with protecting the plants from this unseasonable weather. No exercise today. Hate when I do that on the front end of the week, but it happens often.

My eating for the last few days, I must confess, has been the see food diet--I see it--I eat it. When my workload is heavy it is so much easier for me to eat as I work without taking a break. The problem is that if I don't plan, it might as well be a plan for failure. That's not what I really want. So I'm stepping up to the plate one more time to say tomorrow is a new day, and I will have a plan.

Bell Peppers

I mentioned that I would look into the foods that will be going into my garden this year. Did you know bell peppers are high in vitamins C & A? They are also an excellent source of B6.That's just the tip of the nutritional benefits. They also:
  • Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
  • Promote lung health
  • Protect against Rheumatoid Arthritis
They do all this and more. If you'd like more information visit: The World's Healthiest Foods

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa's Quit said...

Come on girl you can do it! I have faith you can get back on track! No more see food diet!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Vernie said...

Well, my concern about eating healthier while on a trip to visit family fell by the way and I haven't even left.

This morning while preparing a healthy breakfast of Oatmeal, Almonds, Honey & Raisins, listening to the CD by Jonny Bowden author of 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, with a plan & list in mind it went South in a matter of hours.

While in the health food store, I was drawn to all the snacks and ended up with about 5 oz. of Peanuts & Raisins covered in DARK Chocolate. Lunch was a nice salad followed by ALL OF THE SNACK. Certainly wasn't the plan of the day.

Yes, I managed to walk the 2 miles this evening even though it was a tad chilly. Thus a positive.

Roberta, thanks for introducing yourself. Glad you have joined with us. I too need to lower the B.P. I'm a great-grandmother twice and soon thrice in July. By the way, I didn't think the Flat Belly Diet was available until Nov.'08.

Donna, Bell Peppers are also good dipped in Hummus. Yum!

Vernie

4:57 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Lisa,

Well...there's always tomorrow. If you read Vernie's post, I can say ditto. I started out great, but by noon I was back on the see food diet gravitating to things best not eaten when on a diet.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll have to pop back over and see how you're doing with kicking the smoking habit.

Donna

5:11 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Vernie,

You day sounds much like mine. I started out with apple, sprinkled with rolled oats, honey and a few pecans. But as the day rolled on, my plan flew out the window. I know it's stress and I know that's an excuse. I'm hoping AGAIN to get on track tomorrow.

Donna

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home