Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Dieting and the Day After


Yesterday was one of those frustrating days in my life as a writer. I had a freelance article to write that was less than exciting and took me about two hours of research. Part of the problem was that I was in a hurry. I wanted to go buy my first garden plants and my daughter and I were supposed to leave around noon. If I could get it finished before leaving, it left the afternoon to get other things done including work on a long term project I have to have done by the end of the month. I was almost done when I noticed the title again and the fact that the focus of the article wasn't right. I had to start over! That's what I get for hurrying.

You know me well enough to know that thoughts of food crossed my mind. My norm for dealing with stress. Plus, I didn't feel like I had time to exercise. Circumstances were taking over my life. But this time I didn't lose the battle. I finished the article, didn't go for garden plants, DID exercise and even had one serving of chips which I counted in my calorie count that stayed within my limits!

This morning I start the day with renewed determination, even though we are going out for dinner tonight. It's not a restaurant with their menu online, and we're going with a group. If I had binged yesterday, chances are I'd view tonight's dinner as a license to overeat. But I don't plan t do that. I know they serve authentic Mexican food so I'll do my best to know my options before I go. Plus, I'm hoping on exercising an hour rather than 30 minutes just to help burn some extra calories before I go into the unknown.

Planning for success--yes having a plan--makes a difference! Today all that frustration of yesterday is a thing of the past. And this time it really is because I'm not carrying around a bunch of extra calories stored in body fat as a result!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vernie said...

Well, guess it's time to check in for accountability, although I could use the excuse the computer was on the blitz and the "mouse" quit crawling.

Confession is good for the soul.
Yes, I kept up the goal of exercise , thirty minutes a day for 5 days +, but the eating healthy went right out the window. I know the reason. Emotional eating as a result of a family decision that affects my young G.Grandson. That doesn't help as the added sugar and fat defeats the purpose of exercise & a healthier me.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm already planning my meals and will try to eat less and maybe the needle on the scale will go down, not up.

Thank you Donna for all you do to encourage all of us as you have such a busy schedule.

BTW hope you had a special birthday.

Vernie

7:31 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Vernie,

Look at the positives. You continued to exercise, didn't continue down that road of eating to fulfill emotional needs for long, and turned back to to your plan. Welcome back. It could be worse...could be better, but today is a new day and the one to concentrate on.

You're welcome for the encouragement and I want to thank you for the same. Your regular comments often give me the boost to keep going. And yes, I had a good birthday. :) Thanks.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home