Taking Care of Yourself
I just came in from watering the flowers I planted last week and can't help but think of how they thrive when provided with the right nutrients. Silly to think that I would take better care of the flowers than my own body.
It's the same with my pets. I own six birds. I make sure to give them fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fresh water, and some seed. When I think of the saying, "eat like a bird" I realize that they don't tend to overeat. If I provide them with the right food, they eat as much as they need of the right things and stay healthy. In fact, all of my cockatiels have surpassed their average lifespan of 6-14 years, and one of them is almost 30 years old.
With that said, why on earth would I take care of the things around me and not myself? That's kind of a mystery, isn't it?
Yesterday, I did as I planned. That's right, having a plan helps so much. I only ate 400 calories during the day so I'd have room to eat at the restaurant without worry. I also walked for 1 hour to help burn off eating a heavier dinner.
We had a great time at the restaurant, and I ordered one burrito and ate some chips and salsa. My guess is that I was around the 800 which brings me to 1200 calories for the day. I don't have an exact amount, but it's not about being legalistic. It's about being aware of what we're eating. Normally I would have had three items on my plate, when in fact one burrito was plenty. I was actually too full, and next time, I should probably eat more during the day and pass up the chips. We'll see, that's easier said than done.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home