Renewed Energy and Motivation
Here we are, May 1. I weighed in and my weight has climbed back up by three pounds. Normally I'd be bummed out and make a visit to the refrigerator to help me feel better. But this new exercise routine has me a bit more motivated than I've been in a long time. I still plan to walk, but I needed to add some form of strength training and toning. That has never been fun, but breaking it into five minute slots of time has inspired me. I target a different muscle group each time. Yesterday I only did three sessions because my muscles are sooo sore...or should I say were. I'm feeling much better today. I've already worked abs for my first five minute session today.
The 1st of May brings with it thoughts of warm spring days. I saw my first tomato blossom yesterday. Everything in the garden is looking good. One of these days I'll get a photo and post it here for you all to see. I've been told to plant marigolds near the tomatoes to keep the bugs off. I like marigolds, so I'll give it a try.
As I do at the start of every month, I'm setting a health goal. Eat healthier and exercise regularly. Doesn't that sound easy? Yes, I'm laughing. I know it isn't always easy, but it is doable. It feels great to start again. I'm off to work the lower body.



4 Comments:
It's as doable as breathing :-)
RS.
Good-day!
Sounds like your new routine is similar to mine only I've been doing "vigorous" housework for ten minutes every hour. The idea was that after I finished all the housework for the day, then I would do the organized exercising. The problem is that I never run out of chores!
I've been doing the Flat Belly diet. After all those low fat diets,it feels strange to add a Tbs. of flax seed oil to my smoothies but I have lost 7 pounds so far, so whose to complain? Now, if I could just get Susan Powter's voice out of my head yelling, "It's the fat that makes you fat!"
I would love to see a photo of your garden. A long time ago when I had my huge veggie garden I always planted marigolds too. I don't know if it kept the little munchers away, but it sure was pretty and I'd always save the seeds to plant the next year.
Have a great day!
Hey RS,
Good to see you here. Looks like you're feeling better now. You're right--not making it a big deal--breaking it into doable pieces--it makes a difference.
That's one of the things I like about Marigolds, they produce seeds. So when you planted them were they like a border or did you have them IN the garden?
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home