Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Losing the Last 10 Pounds


I've finished my fast, actually yesterday. Decided to end at 3 weeks instead of 4. My body told me it was time to start eating again. All in all, it was a rewarding experience. I lost almost 12 pounds, some of which I expect to gain back, but this morning when I stood on the scale I was pleasantly surprised to see I'd lost another .2 pounds even after eating yesterday.

My goal for the fast was to break the cravings that seemed to rule my life in recent times. By rule, I mean they took over. I'd start each morning with good intentions and by 10:00 I would cave, eating something like cookies or chips, two of the foods that seemed to call my name most often.

The Master Cleanse Diet allowed me to exercise the entire time, with plenty of energy, and I plan to continue exercising 5 days a week. That's one of the keys to losing weight and keeping it off. The fun thing for me is that I'm within 10 pounds of my goal weight. That feels good. However, I know how it is with those last 10 pounds. It's slow going. The only way to get rid of them is to continue eating sensibly and regular exercise.

So what is sensible? For me, as much as I don't want to, I'll be revisiting something I don't want to do...counting calories. This will help me see what I'm really eating, and serve as a tool to retrain myself as to what is sensible. It's so easy to eat more than I need.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home