Monday, November 10, 2008

Low-Calorie Frozen Snack


I sit here staring at the blank page wondering what to tell you. I'm bummed. Since the time change, I haven't found a way to fit exercise into my schedule, which is a little fuller than normal. What many people don't realize, or choose to ignore, is that exercise needs to be part of a healthy lifestyle. My goal this week is to rearrange my schedule to find what works for me. I prefer to walk outside, because nature is so inspiring and it gets me away from the temptations that tug at me to do something else. And once I walk away from the house, I have to walk back, which isn't always true on a treadmill.

My favorite snack of late is frozen grapes. I have sisters and a daughter who have raved about them for years, but I'm not a big grape eater...or should I say I wasn't until now. Frozen grapes makes a satisfying snack that's sweet, cold and takes time to eat. Three ounces only have 58 calories. That's less than one iced oatmeal cookie and lasts so much longer! If you're looking for a low-calorie frozen snack, this might just be the one!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Hi Donna!
How is one of my favorite friends doing? I've missed keeping up with your blogs. Life never does slow down does it?

I was bummed this morning too. We've had a few deaths lately and with all the goings on I've not been able to get on line nor even do any writing. I've wobbled up and down on my weight and really struggled to keep my head out of the fridge, but I'm determined to make my health a priority even when I don't think I have time for it.

I have been faithful about attending WW meetings every week and that's what I did today...I've lost 6 pounds, an equivalent of 1 pound a week, even though the scale went up and down!

I've also added a daily walk with my goal starting at 1 mile a day. I keep telling myself that my health has to be one of my highest priorities no matter what life throws at me. I'm working on changing bad habits for a healthier lifestyle and I didn't get this unhealthy, unfit body overnight, so slow is good for me.

Anyway, It's great to be back! I can't wait to read all of your blogs that I missed.

Oh, BTW I like to walk outside in nature too, but I hate to face the world without my shower, so I put my treadmill on my back-porch which is inclosed with glass and enjoy my beautiful backyard and even get to do a little spying on the neighbors! LOL Sometimes I use the time to pray for those on my lift list.

Donna you are still a shining star of faithfulness. I'm so glad to be walking the path with you again.

Roberta

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so right on. I used to never have to worry about my weight, but not any more. It's hard sometimes to make that extra effort to exercise even though I know it is so important. Making Healthy Choices is so important to lose weight. I think the grape snack is a wonderful way to take care of that sweet craving that so many people have. Your blog is very encouraging. Keep the faith. There are a lot of us out here struggling with losing weight.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Roberta,

Good to have you back. The fact that you stuck with your WW meetings during a time when so much else was going on is a great testimony to your commitment to better health.

I had a back porch in FL, but now that I live in GA I have a deck that's not enclosed and it is currently 28 degrees at 7:00 in the morning. Brrrr.

Donna

4:11 AM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Janet,

Thanks for reading and taking the time to leave a comment. In today's busy world, the Internet is a great way to find that accountability and encouragement to stay on track. My family jokes about the friends in my computer, but I've known some of them for years now, and I am 20 pounds less than I was two years ago. Slow and steady, I'm heading in the right direction and anyone I can help along the way is wonderful!

Donna

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home