Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Living Foods

For years I've read about living foods--foods unaltered by the cooking process. When you think about it, what's the opposite of living? Dead. The idea behind living foods is that they provide living cells for your body's nurishment. In the same way, your body creates new cells based on what you feed it. So what are you creating? Are you building your body with death or life? Wow! Never thought of it like that.

I'm not saying I'm going to become a person that only eats raw foods--yet--but they do need to be a big part of my diet. Why?

One reason is the enzymes which help to digest our food. These precious elements are lost in the cooking process. And here's the real kicker--this contributes to gaining weight. Yes, you heard me right.

Now before you think I've gone overboard remember my basic message. Moderation. Look over your food selections and be sure to include living and raw foods in your diet.

Donna
Check out more articles and classes on writing at the Inspired Author

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home