Ready, Set GOals - Time to Make a Health Plan
For myself, I've decided narrow, practical goals are best. By this, I mean they must be achievable. I tend to lean toward being an over achiever and that doesn't work in the long term when trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle. For example, I'd love to make a goal of exercising an hour a day everyday. However, I know that's not practical. My natural leanings are to exercise zero minutes everyday of the week. The trick is to find a balance that challenges me, but that is achievable. So I've settled on exercising 5 days a week for 30 minutes. While that sounds like a lot, its the minimum I should do to improve my health and I'm going to shoot for it.
Then comes the diet plan for this month. I've decided to continue counting calories. The plan is to stay between 1,000-1,200 calories. This will make sure I'm not eating too little, or too much. I'll weigh in tomorrow, and for the coming month, I think I'll stay off the scale until the month is complete. So in a nutshell, here are my April goals:
- Eat 1,000-1,200 calories each day
- Exercise for 30 minutes 5 days a week
- Weigh the first and last day of the month



4 Comments:
Ok, since I began reading your blog AGAIN have decided to try AGAIN. I am hesitant as in the past have tried, become discouraged and turned loose of the rope. Thus can't throw you one but maybe we can hold on together.
Have decided to do the exercise (easy way for me) routine beginning this evening with my granddaughter's mother-in-law. (30 mins. 5 days a week) That's progress!!
Happy trails to all whatever you choose to do.
vernie
Hurray! Welcome back. We're only taking this a month at a time, and I've heard interest from others. Hoping they will join us, because it's nice to have an accountability group to keep us going.
Working toward healthy living is a day by day process and today we are headed in the right direction.
Donna
All the best of luck, as Harvey from fit club would say "Keep It Goin!".
Regards,
RS.
Hi RS,
Thanks for providing the cheering section. We need that!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home