Stopping for A Drink on a Diet
Yesterday proved to be an interesting day for me. I didn't want to deal with eating right, but I had a plan and stuck to it. And believe it or not I did exercise. Once I got those legs moving I didn't mind it a bit. I find the fact that I'm aiming at 30 minutes instead of an hour more realistic for where I am right now.
By the time I finished dinner, I was right at 1,000 calories. I figured I could have a snack later when my husband and I returned home from our local writer's guild meeting. The meeting room was very warm. I think they still have the heat running even though it is in the 70s outside, and I was thankful I had downed by 8 glasses of water throughout the day and enough sense to wear a short sleeved shirt.
The meeting went well, and my new work in progress was well-received as I shared part of the first chapter. After we finished up, my husband suggested we go get something to drink. He pulled into Sonic and said they had a new coffee cooler type drink. Mmmmmm...but what about the calories. He ordered a small, and I decided I would sip on his. If I drank maybe 1/2 of it, I should be okay with my calories.
Oh yeah, it was soooo good. And the funny thing is that I didn't drink half. Close, but under half. My internal satisfaction button clicked to on and I was done. Finished. Licked my lips and hoped I hadn't blown my calorie count. When I got home I checked it out on the computer. That small drink was 550 calories! That's why it's easy to overeat and that's for a small! Anyhow, I figure I probably had about 200 calories and so that puts me right at the 1200 mark.
Here's the point I wanted to make. Because I knew what I had eaten during the day, I was aware of how many calories I had to go to reach 1200. Mindful eating makes a difference because it doesn't prohibit you from eating things you like, it just makes you mindful of how much of those things you're eating.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home