Drink Your Water
Day one is under my belt. I exercised and stayed within my calorie limits! That's progress, and today is a new day. Are you ready? Look at each day as a clean slate. Don't rest in yesterday's success or the day's failures. Look to today. Have your plan. Know what you'll be eating, so you're prepared.
Today, I also want to remind you to drink water. Our bodies are made up of 50-70% water and are often an overlooked element to good health. True, it isn't filled with nutrients, but it is necessary for life. While watching Survivor Man with my grandchildren recently, I learned that we can go for weeks without food, but only days without water. If you wait until you're thirsty to drink, you may already be showing signs of dehydration.
Benefits of Drinking Water:
- it aids digestion
- helps nutrient absorption
- aids waste elimination
- regulates circulation
- regulates body temperature
- lubricates joints
- maintains healthy skin



4 Comments:
Hi Donna, me again.
I guess you would know the answer to this question, which is why I have popped on to your blog.
When the body exercises and the fat burning process begins, does the body use the fat from all over the body or does the fat closest to the fat burning muscles get used?
Did that make any sense?
Hope yee can help,
RS.
That's a good question, RS, and yes it makes sense.
I remember owning a VW Carmengia back in the late 60's. It's the only car I ever owned that had a gas reserve. I didn't use it unless I was running out of gas.
Well, our bodies store calories in body fat just in case we might need them. Like a reserve tank of fuel. The problem is that it takes about 20 minutes of exercise BEFORE our bodies tap into that fat reserve. So for the first 20 minutes, you burn calories eaten--not stored body fat.
The way the body works is that it uses calories for fuel to give us energy. When we eat too many calories and don't use the energy--it gets packed away in our fat reserve. Depending on your body type, this fat may be stored on hips and thighs for pear shapes and around the mid-section for apples. How you lose it may depend on your body makeup at well.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Donna, that answered my question :-)
You're welcome. Anytime.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home