Dieting Tips for Success
When approaching a new start to eating better it is best to plan for success. You heard me right plan. Often, dieters don't realize that they unwittingly plan for failure. But we're not going to focus on how to fail. Instead, let's look at a few tips to keep us on the straight and narrow of healthy eating.
Dieting Tips
1. Get rid of the foods that tempt you. Empty the pantry, cupboards and refrigerator of the items you know call to you in moments of weakness. If they aren't there, it is much easier to stay on your diet.
2. Schedule exercise into your day. Planning to exercise is one thing, but if you don't have a plan to make it happen, it's easy for the opportunity to slip by undone. Make an exercise appointment with yourself.
3. Plan your food for the day. Don't wait until you are hungry to figure out what you are eating. Plan a menu for the day so that when it comes time to eat, you already know what you'll have on your plate. I find it helpful to have a general 1200 calorie menu planned for the week.
4. Plan your snacks. Keep healthy snacks on hand so that if the snack bug bites, you can bite back with a smart choice.
5. Don't weigh everyday. What the scale says can play on your mind. Instead, spread out weigh-ins.
This is day 1 of the month, and one of my goals was to weight in the first and last day. So I've done that. Today's weight is 134.8.
I want to thank Peter Werner for the stock.xchang photo on today's blog. You can find more of his work at stock.xchng--peter w's sxc home.
If any of you out there have tips to add to this list, please share them. If we fight the battle of the bulge together we can win it!



2 Comments:
OK, here goes. My walking buddy & I jump started yesterday (31st) walking 2 miles and even ate out afterwards. Made good food choices.
Today in "Sunny FL" looked like rain so as the saying goes wait awhile and it will change. My walking buddy felt threatened by the rain and chose not to walk. I was about to say OK tomorrow is another day, but chose to ride my bicycle and what a wonderful breeze and solitude, with no rain until tonight.
In just two days the energy level is up.
I'm not going to say this will be my continuing approach to this new challenge but for now, 2 days down and 3 more to go for this week for me.
How are you doing?
Vernie
Hi Vernie,
Good for you! It's so easy to find excuses to NOT exercise...at least for me. Yesterday brought a rainy day here in GA, perfect for the flowers I just planted. However, I did walk on my elliptical walker for 30 minutes. I've learned it's best for me to walk in the morning because as the day goes on, I find more excuses of why I don't have time to do it.
As for my eating, I came in at 1,057 calories for the day. Learned that I can have 3 hard taco shells for only 150 calories. That surprised me. Yes, I had tacos for dinner, measuring and weighing my toppings.
It was a mildly stressful day in my life as a writer, and I thank God I didn't let the stress chase me to the cookie jar!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home