Exercise and Your Heart Rate
Getting your heart rate up doesn't mean it has to feel like it's ready to pound through your chest. Exercise like walking. If you're wondering about what your target heart rate should be, the formula for your maximum heart rate is about 220 minus your age. Use these general guidelines:
- 20 years 100–170 beats per minute 200 beats per minute
- 25 years 98–166 beats per minute 195 beats per minute
- 30 years 95–162 beats per minute 190 beats per minute
- 35 years 93–157 beats per minute 185 beats per minute
- 40 years 90–153 beats per minute 180 beats per minute
- 45 years 88–149 beats per minute 175 beats per minute
- 50 years 85–145 beats per minute 170 beats per minute
- 55 years 83–140 beats per minute 165 beats per minute
- 60 years 80–136 beats per minute 160 beats per minute
- 65 years 78–132 beats per minute 155 beats per minute
- 70 years 75–128 beats per minute 150 beats per minute



2 Comments:
Hi Donna
As you know, I've had my hands full lately, but I had fun reading all the blogs I missed. You are true and steady and an inspiration as you continue to eat healthy right through the stress.
Now that I foresee having a bit more time, I'm also stopping to re-evaluate how I'm eating and exercising. I admire that you are giving exercise priority in your daily schedule. You are right, the important thing is what we focus on.
Speaking of brutal dressing room mirrors, I had to shop for a new swimsuit...Yikes!!! But it did motivate me to get with the program again.
So thanks so much for sharing your journey!
Hi Roberta,
Good to see you here. I'm on the road right now and sitting in the car for hours is quite a challenge. However, I've determined to try to eat the best I can on the trip and so far, so good.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home