Harvesting Thankfulness
Yesterday the grandkids helped harvest broccoli and squash. Their excitement offered a glimpse of thankfulness for things that adults often take for granted. I think it's part of that childlike faith we are to have. They examined all the plants and found baby green beans, hot peppers, bigger tomatoes and okra blossoms. What fun...and work. Yes, now the preservation of that food begins. I'll be freezing broccoli today and start the freezer fill up.
One of the things I hope to do as the garden continues to produce is to pick my lunch from the garden each day. Last year I learned that I loved broiled okra. I'd never even tasted okra until friends from North Carolina introduced it to me. But then it was fried and of course I like it. In soups I picked around the unknown, but last year broiled okra was the vegetable for dinner and I tried it. All I can say is Yum!
My eating stays within the parameters I've set, and yesterday I walked for 30 minutes. I'm feeling behind on my writing due to that large project I just finished, but have promised myself exercise isn't going to be the price I pay. Besides, I need that sharp mind that comes with exercise. When I'm juggling so many different writing projects it's easy to say, "Now what was I doing?"
For now, I'll get back at it and hope to hold all I do with an attitude of thankfulness. Just had to stop by and say, eat healthy and stay active, and while you're at it feed your mind and read a book.
Today's Verse:
But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do. (1 Cor. 8:8)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home