Do I Want Results Or Do I Want Excuses?
While out at the lake we did do some walking, but not enough to REALLY count as exercise, although I did let the thought cross my mind. However, what do I want? Do I want results or do I want excuses? Results! For sure!
So I best cut this blog short today if I'm going to get out there and walk. Yesterday's endurance went so much better than I expected. I warmed up and then was able to jog for 5 minutes before I walked for 2 minutes, then followed the two minute intervals until I returned to the big hill which for now I allow myself to walk. It's steep and no sense hurting myself. When I came back down the hill I started another long run to see how long I could push myself. I almost made it another 5 minutes! For many that may seem like nothing, but for me it was a victory. All total, I covered a little more than 2 miles. Today I will walk three miles.
Now that I've told you all this I feel a little better...my motivation is coming back. Thanks for being there!



6 Comments:
Hi Donna
I know what you mean about breaks in routine. They can be real roadbumps to life's flow. When I'm trying to get on track again, I tell myself that I can do____(fill in the blank) for at least 5 minutes and if I want to quit after that, I can. But I never do. It seems that the hardest part for me is to just get started.
Two miles...great job! Yesterday I swam laps for 5 mins, tread water for 5 mins, swam more laps for 5 mins, and jogged in the pool for 5 min, for a total of 20 minutes. It was double the 10 mins I'd planned! Today I hope to do the same, if not more.
roberta
That is great! You know what's really funny? I'd rather be out walking than writing right now. LOL That ol' procrastination bug bites in the durndest ways.
Donna
Rah rah rah!Shish boom bah!!! :-)
Way to go to both of you ladies!
You'll notice as you move further into the mindset of "I can do it", you'll find that you can do MORE!
You'll find time, make time and feel all the more stronger for making these RIGHT decisions!
Whatever you do, don't jump on a scale. It can be an illusion sometimes because of the bodies variations. Once a month you can weigh in, but really, don't make it about "losing weight", make it about, "I want to be healthy".
Keep it up ladies!
Joni
Hi Joni,
Yes, the whole scale thing can really throw people in a downward spiral. I've been there. If the goal is the best health possible, the weight will take care of itself.
Donna
Slow and steady wins the race. I think you're doing a wonderful job keeping to the program. Remember,everyone falls off now and again. The point is, you get back in the saddle and go forward.
Today I did my weight routine. Not as good as the treadmill, but I've been getting a good workout in my basement.
Besides, toning is important too.
oh, and no pizza. Just strawberries. I love strawberries. The only thing better is blueberries.
Eat on...Uh I mean exercise on, Donna!
Raven
I'm hoping to go pick blueberries this week. There's a small grove just 5 minutes away!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home