Resources to Help Lose Weight
I've set my appointment to exercise the last two days, and boy do my legs know it. The hills in GA absolutely challenge my muscles, and that's not a complaint, it's a praise. I'm planning to listen to the No Excuses Radio Show today. That's what got me motivated in the first place and I'm looking forward to more!
I came across another resource for my readers too. This newsletter has an interesting article on the role of hormones and weight management plus a lot more: Nutri News.
Hope you enjoy the day! Your choices matter. Take the time to set an appointment for yourself. Get up and move.



8 Comments:
Hi Donna
I've downloaded the article and will check it out when I get off-line. Looks like you are doing a great job of keeping motivated to exercise. I like the idea of making an exercise appointment and a plan to go with it. I'm guilty of using the bad air quality from the fires here in California as an excuse to not get in my exercise. However, I do have a lot of exercise DVDs to choose from that would allow me to exercise indoors. I've put off using them because I feel silly exercising in front of my DH and teenage daughter. You have inspired me once again to get motivated. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.
Roberta
Hi Roberta,
It has helped to listen to the No Excuses Radio Show. The women who call in are regular people finding success. Excuses are so easy to use, but they certainly don't help us accomplish our dream. My biggest excuse is that I don't have time, and so the appointment works for me because I make the time.
Thanks for sharing. Make a plan--I can't wait to hear what it is. :)
Donna
:-) Its me again,
I just wanted to say that I have aunts that are excessively over weight and have tried everything except (exercise) to lose weight.
I'm not a fitness guru, but putting the pressure on oneself to lose weight SOMETIMES causes one to GAIN weight.
By just cutting out a rootbeer in the evenings I lost five pounds.
By cutting out the snack (that went with the rootbeer) I lost ten.
I started cutting things (that I knew were no good for my heart,health, etc)out of my diet and now I stay one size.
Don't ever be afraid to exercise in front of the TV. Ask the daughter to join,(not to lose weight but to think healthy) and make it a fun family thing. The support from someone else is pertinent to success.
I've never (knock on wood) had weight issues, but I grew up in an overweight society that made health an important issue.
Why did I cut out the rootbeer and snack? My mother has type 2 diabetes, and I thought, uh oh, that could be me in thirty years.
Sorry to ramble on. I am very vocal when it comes to eating healthy! I'm teaching my mother how to EAT HEALTHY!
It's amazing what we kids teach our parents. :-)
Roberta, ask your daughter to go out for a thirty minute walk with you, three days a week. That's all it takes.
I think I'm liking this blog.
Joni
Hi Joni,
Ramble all you want. Hearing what works for others is inspiring. Instead of concentrating on losing weight if we think "healthy" it can make a difference and take off the pressure. The results will be natural. Thanks for stopping by again and taking the time to share.
Donna
I'm back on the treadmill, myself and doing some toning exercises along with light weights.
We'll see how it goes. I'm over to look at the article.
bye guys,
Raven
Hey Raven,
Good to hear you're exercising. I'll tell you, I almost made an excuse today when I heard thunder rumbling in the distance. Guess what happened...Well you'll have to tune in tomorrow to find out. I'm busy with some deadlines right now but will be sure to poke my head in here and catch everyone up on how it's going. You won't believe it.
Donna
What???
Dagnabit! How am I gonna get any sleep tonite wondering what happened?
I bet it's good news.
I bet it's wine and crystal goblet news.
I gotta get me some of THAT!
Um...It IS good news, right?
Raven
Oh Raven, Raven...of course it's good news. I best get over and get it posted. You certainly can't have two sleepless nights because of me! Don't you know, insomnia contributes to weight gain!
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home