Excuses Vs. Results
I thought I'd include a picture from yesterday's fishing trip. What a beautiful setting. Part of me wanted to just stay and diddle the day away, but I knew that wasn't realistic. It kind of reminded me of seeing a delicious dish, eating a serving and deciding I want more just because I like it. Moderation is the key in all things.
When I arrived home I was hungry, even though I'd brought an apple to snack on while I was gone. I'm not saying I was "starving" just hungry, and tired, and unmotivated. It would have been so easy to snack on some chips (in the house for hubby's lunches). My mind almost went there...but before I left, I'd decided I'd eat some steamed okra straight from the garden. Having a plan does help. I grabbed the bag of washed veggies from the frig, dumped them in a baking pan with a little water, put them in the oven and went to work on some of the promo work I'm doing for Promo 101 Virtual Blog Tours.
The veggies were satisfying but my next challenge was to get an article written about the Pineapple Diet for Hypertension. It was almost time for my exercise appointment. Would I let work overtake my new-found plans. No. This no excuses approach really helps. I kept my appointment. The plan was to walk three miles. Once I was out there more excuses tried to derail me. After all it's hot...and maybe I should just do two miles.... The result: Ta-Da...I made it three miles in about 52 minutes, and I still finished my article.



6 Comments:
Good morning Donna,
That picture is BEAUTIFUL and can inspire a few prompts in my mind!
Let's see a poem about the breathtaking beauty, two people on a boat, oh that is just a beautiful image filled pic! I love it!
Now about your determination!
Woohoooooo!! Yes I'm your cheering squad! When I see someone filled with determination I just love to cheer them on to go that one extra step further.
You'll notice that with every walk, run, jog, you'll want to try a few more steps. Go around the block "just one more time" and before you know it, it will be happening unconsciously!
I think the 5 k isn't too far off for you! You're going to DO IT!!!
:-) Joni
Whoo-hoo back at you. Love to hear it when I can spark some inspiration. I'm currently sitting on the porch writing and watching the humming birds visit my feeder. I'm going to have to get a camera. My son-in-law took the photo I used today.
Donna
Absolutely gorgeous pic. Makes me want to try fishing. LOl. I was up at 5am today, working on the mess in my basement. I hope I'll have some energy left to do my treadmill. Right now, I'm beat. I still haven't done the other half of the room.
I've been adding some aerobics to my program. Just a little. As Joni says, start one step at a time.
When I think of the energy I had at twenty...
Keep at it!
Raven
Hi Raven,
I love this picture too. Amazing that I was actually there!
It's almost time for my exercise appointment...one step at a time and no excuses. That's our motto. :)
Donna
Totally awesome picture Donna! It reminds me of God's glory shining down on us through the clouds. I love to fish too, but haven't for a long time because I don't eat trout, too boney. I don't feel right catching something I'm not going to eat.
Your determination to stay the course with eating and dieting is also awesome. Keep up the good work.
Yesterday, DH was BBQing ribs and I wanted to sit and drink a beer with him. Instead, I jumped in the pool and did my 20 minute routine. I must be working some muscles because my legs were sore. Never thought I'd enjoy pain! LOL! The no excuses plan really does work when applied. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Roberta
Hey Roberta,
My legs are finally getting used to moving again...not to teach them to move a little faster. That will take time, and even if I walk the 5K I'll be happy that I've been up and moving.
Glad you enjoyed the photo. What marvelous creation! Talk about inspiration! I should use this photo over on my Pumping Your Muse Prompts blog.
Donna
Post a Comment
<< Home