Monday, August 25, 2008

Slow and Steady Weight Loss


My weight loss is slow and steady with slight ups and downs, and my writing schedule continues to be heavy. One day I'll make more per article and story and be able to write less for more. At least in my dreams. With that said, I have to share a little moment in time with you.

I had a fun moment in time happen last week that those of you who are older will understand. While five pounds doesn't seem like a lot, I see a difference in the areas of my body where I tend to gather body fat. I feel different and stand a little taller. My husband was walking to the window and glanced my way. I caught his eye and in that flash of emotional connection, I felt about 17 for a moment. You know that look of admiration! And then he bumped into a chair that wasn't pushed up to the table because he was looking at ME! He offered a sheepish grin that let me see the young man I fell in love with back in the 60s! It was a great moment. And if you're wondering, we'll be married 39 years in November!

My book Beyond the Fifth Gate is in layout right now and soon I'll hold the proof copy in my hands. When I get a copy of the cover, I'll share it with you all here. Here's a blurb about the book to give you a preview of what it's about:

Elita awakens from a nightmare in which she struggles as a 12-year-old against an insectoid race that carries her into captivity. Now twelve years later, her reality is one of forced labor. She lives in a hive complex where humans are forbidden to speak, write or read. The promise of freedom swells when the prophetic conjunction of five planets marks the long-awaited Kamali's Cycle. But first, as the Chosen, she must travel through five mystical gates during the planets' conjunction and return to Haldis with items key to that freedom. Elita follows Kamali's light into a cave in the eastern foothills. The portal closes behind her, and the first gate opens to a one way quest into strange worlds and a race to collect what she needs from beyond each gate to free her people before time runs out. How will she know what to take from world to world?
Anyone who would like to pre-order an autographed copy can email me at dsundblad (at ) the inkslinger.net.

By the way, the great photo on today's post was taken by
Gonzalo Haro of
Montevideo, Uruguay. You can see more at his website www.harodesign.net


2 Comments:

Blogger Roberta said...

Hi Donna
So glad to see how well you are doing. You seem to be in that transitional stage of moving into the next phase of your career where you will be able to pick and choose a bit more.

I love the story about your husband. I totally understand. (My DH and I have been married for 38 years.) What a wonderful renewal your dedication is bringing to your life. Bravo!

I'm recuperating from a nasty bug that put me out of commission for the last few weeks. This week I was able to return to my swimming exercise routine. Boy does it feel great to have energy to move again!

I'm getting a handle on controlling IBS through eating, but it makes it hard to lose weight when soluble fiber in the form of white bread (never a favorite since I've preached to my kids that it has about as much nutrition as a roll of toilet paper) potatoes, and white rice. Apparently insoluble fiber causes IBS attacks. It's a matter of balancing carbs and nutrition. Arrgh! and noting how each food affects your body.

Anyway, I'm so glad to be back and catching up on your posts. Keep up the great work!

Roberta

11:52 AM  
Blogger Donna Sundblad said...

Hi Roberta,

Sorry to take so long to respond to your comment. I have company coming and had to get the spare bedroom set up. Only so many hours in a day!

I'm struggling again with my eating but still exercising. At least I haven't given up on both of them. And truthfully my eating could be worse. It's the unhealthy snacking that is my downfall.

Donna

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home